The Consumer Protection Act has introduced various new requirements on the content of agreements generally. In addition it also seeks to extensively regulate the relationship between franchisors and franchisees. To this extent it lays down various requirements specifically applicable to franchise agreements.
The aim of the seminar notes is to provide a comprehensive discussion of the general and specific provisions of the Act which impact on the franchisor/franchisee relationship as well as on the supplier/consumer relationship in general. Drafting of franchise agreements that are compliant with the Act will also be dealt with in detail.
- A brief overview of the scope and application of the Act
- Which provisions of the Act impact on franchise agreements generally?
- Which specific provisions in the Act and regulations apply to franchise agreements?
- What are the rights and obligations of franchisors under the Act?
- What are the rights and obligations of franchisees under the Act?
- What are the rights and obligations of consumers vis-à-vis franchisees under the Act?
- Drafting of franchise agreements in order to ensure CPA-compliance